|
|
| |
|
电话:010-89506015,13366951589
Email: doors@doors.com.cn |
|
|
|
曹禺:《雷雨》选段 Thunderstorm
《雷雨》选段
Thunderstorm
(第二幕)
周朴园(点着一支吕宋烟,看见桌上的雨衣,向鲁妈)这是太太找出来的雨衣么?
ZHOU: [lights a cigar; then, noticing the raincoats on the table, addresses Lu Shiping] Are these the raincoats the Mistress found?
鲁侍萍(看着他)大概是的。
LU: [looking at him] Yes, I think so.
周朴园 不对,不对,这都是新的。我要我的旧雨衣,你回头跟太太说。
ZHOU: No, no. These are all new ones. It's my old one that I want. Please tell her.
鲁侍萍 嗯。
LU: Yes sir.
周朴园(看她不走)你不知道这间房子底下人不准随便进来么?
ZHOU: [noticing that she has not left] Don't you know that servants are not allowed in this room unless they are sent for?
鲁侍萍 不知道,老爷。
LU: No, I didn't know that, sir.
周朴园 你是新来的下人?
ZHOU: Are you a new servant here?
鲁侍萍 不是的,我找我的女儿来的。
LU: No, sir. I've come to see my daughter.
周朴园 你的女儿?
ZHOU: Your daughter?
鲁侍萍 四凤是我的女儿。
LU: Sifeng is my daughter.
周朴园 那你走错屋子了。
ZHOU: Then you've come into the wrong room.
鲁侍萍 哦。 —— 老爷没有事了?
LU: Oh. Will that be all, sir?
周朴园(指窗)窗户谁叫打开的?
ZHOU: [pointing to the window] Who opened that window?
鲁侍萍 哦。(很自然地走到窗前,关上窗户,慢慢地走向中门。)
LU: Oh. [She walks quite casually toward the window, closes it, and then goes slowly toward the centre door]
周朴园(看她关好窗门,忽然觉得她很奇怪)你站一站。
ZHOU: [seeing her close the window, he suddenly feels there is something strange about her] Wait a minute.
(鲁妈停。)
[Lu Shiping stops.]
周朴园 你 —— 你贵姓?
ZHOU: What...what is your surname?
鲁侍萍 我姓鲁。
LU: Lu.
周朴园 姓鲁。你的口音不像北方人。
ZHOU: Lu. You don't sound like a northerner, from your accent.
鲁侍萍 对了,我不是,我是江苏的。
LU: That's right, I'm not. I'm from Jiangsu .
周朴园 你好像有点无锡口音。
ZHOU: Your accent sounds a bit like someone from Wuxi .
鲁侍萍 我自小就在无锡长大的。
LU: I was born and raised in Wuxi .
周朴园(沉思)无锡?嗯,无锡,(忽而)你在无锡是什么时候?
ZHOU: [deep in thought] Wuxi , eh? Wuxi ? [suddenly] When were you there?
鲁侍萍 光绪二十年,离现在有三十多年了。
LU: The twentieth year of Guangxu. That would be over thirty years ago.
周朴园 哦,三十年前你在无锡?
ZHOU: So, you were in Wuxi thirty years ago?
鲁侍萍 是的,三十多年前呢,那时候我记得我们还没有用洋火呢。
LU: Yes, over thirty years ago. I remember in those days we still didn't use matches.
周朴园 ( 沉思)三十多年前,是的,很远啦,我想想,我大概是二十多岁的时候。那时候我还在无锡呢。
ZHOU: [deep in thought] Over thirty years ago. Yes, so long ago. Let me think, I must have been in my twenties then. Yes, I was still in Wuxi then.
鲁侍萍 老爷是那个地方的人?
LU: So you're from there, too, sir?
周朴园 嗯,(沉吟)无锡是个好地方。
ZHOU: Yes. [thoughtfully] Nice place, Wuxi .
鲁侍萍 哦,好地方。
LU: Yes, a nice place.
周朴园 你三十年前在无锡么?
ZHOU: And you say you were there thirty years ago?
鲁侍萍 是,老爷。
LU: Yes sir.
周朴园 三十年前,在无锡有一件很出名的事情 ——
ZHOU: Thirty years ago a famous incident happened in Wuxi .
鲁侍萍 哦。
LU: Oh.
周朴园 你知道么?
ZHOU: Do you know about it?
鲁侍萍 也许记得,不知道老爷说的是哪一件?
LU: I might still remember it if I knew which incident you mean, sir.
周朴园 哦,很远了,提起来大家都忘了。
ZHOU: Oh, it was a long time ago. Everyone's probably forgotten about it.
鲁侍萍 说不定,也许记得的。
LU: You never know. Maybe they still remember it.
周朴园 我问过许多那个时候到过无锡的人,我也派人到无锡打听过,可是那个时候在无锡的人,到现在不是老了就是死了。活着的多半是不知道的,或者忘了。不过也许你会知道,三十年前在无锡有一家姓梅的。
ZHOU: I've asked many people who were in Wuxi at that time and I've sent people there to make inquiries, but those who were there at the time are eitherdead now or getting on in years. The ones who are alive don't seem to know about it, or they've forgotten. But maybe you know about it. Thirty years ago there was a family in Wuxi by the name of Mei.
鲁侍萍 姓梅的?
LU: Mei?
周朴园 梅家的一个年轻小姐,很贤慧,也很规矩。有一天夜里,忽然地投水死了。后来,后来, -- 你知道么?
ZHOU: There was a young lady in the family, virtuous and well-behaved. One night she suddenly drowned herself. Afterwards...afterwards..., Do you know about it?
鲁侍萍 不敢说。
LU: I'm afraid not.
周朴园 哦。
ZHOU: Oh.
鲁侍萍 我倒认识一个年轻的姑娘姓梅的。
LU: Though I did know a young girl with the surname Mei.
周朴园 哦?你说说看。
ZHOU: Really? Tell me about her.
鲁侍萍 可是她不是小姐,她也不贤慧,并且听说是不大规矩的。
LU: But she wasn't exactly a young lady, and she wasn't that virtuous. And I heard she wasn't all that well-behaved, either.
周朴园 也许,也许你弄错了,不过你不妨说说看。
ZHOU: Perhaps, perhaps it's not the same girl. But go on just the same.
鲁侍萍 这个梅姑娘倒是有一天晚上跳的河,可是不是一个,她手里抱着一个刚生下三天的男孩。听人说她生前是不守规矩的。
LU: This young Miss Mei did throw herself into the river one night, but she was not alone. She was holding a three-day-old baby boy in her arms. They say she had not behaved properly.
周朴园 (苦痛)哦!
ZHOU: [painfully] Oh!
鲁侍萍 她是个下等人,不很守本分的。听说她跟那时周公馆的少爷有点不清白,生了两个儿子。生了第二个,才过三天,忽然周少爷不要她了。大孩子就放在周公馆,刚生的孩子她抱在怀里,在年三十夜里投河死的。
LU: She was a low-class girl who had been getting above herself. They say she was having illicit relations with the young master of the Zhou house and had given birth to two babies. Three days after she gave birth to the second one, the young master wanted nothing more to do with her. She left the older child with the Zhou family and, with the newborn in her arms, jumped into the river on New Year's Eve.
周朴园 (汗涔涔地)哦。
ZHOU: [with beads of perspiration on his forehead] Oh.
鲁侍萍 她不是小姐,她是无锡周公馆梅妈的女儿,她叫侍萍。
LU: She was no young lady, she was just the daughter of Nanny Mei at the Zhou house in Wuxi . Her name was Shiping.
周朴园 (抬起头来)你姓什么?
ZHOU: [looking up] And what did you say your surname was?
鲁侍萍 我姓鲁,老爷。
LU: Lu, sir.
周朴园 (喘出一口气,沉思地)侍萍,侍萍,对了。这个女孩子的尸首,说是有一个穷人见着埋了。你可以打听到她的坟在哪儿么?
ZHOU: [heaving a sigh, lost in thought] Shiping, Shiping. Oh, yes, it was said some poor man found her body and had it buried. Could you ask around and find out the location of her grave?
鲁侍萍 老爷问这些闲事干什么?
LU: But, sir, why would you care about someone else's affairs?
周朴园 这个人跟我们有点亲戚。
ZHOU: The person involved is sort of a relative of ours.
鲁侍萍 亲戚?
LU: A relative?
周朴园 嗯, -- 我们想把她的坟墓修一修。
ZHOU: Yes. We would like to look after the grave.
鲁侍萍 哦 -- 那用不着了。
LU: Oh, there's no need for that.
周朴园 怎么?
ZHOU: Why?
鲁侍萍 这个人现在还活着。
LU: The person you're talking about is still alive.
周朴园 (惊愕)什么?
ZHOU: [stunned] What?
鲁侍萍 她没有死。
LU: She didn't die.
周朴园 她还在?不会吧?我看见她河边上的衣服,里面有她的绝命书。
ZHOU: Still alive? But how is that possible? I saw her clothes on the riverbank, and inside was a suicide note.
鲁侍萍 她又被人救活了。
LU: She was rescued.
周朴园 哦,救活啦?
ZHOU: Rescued?
鲁侍萍 以后无锡的人是没见着她,以为她那夜晚死了。
LU: But she was never seen in Wuxi after that and people assumed that she had died that night.
(摘自曹禺《雷雨》,北京:人民文学出版社, 1994 )
(Translated by David Moser with reference to Tsao Yu, Thunderstorm, tr. by Wang Tsoliang and A. C. Barnes. Beijing: Foreign Languages Press, 1978)
|
|
|